VOICE stands for the Value Of Independent College Store Excellence
VOICE is our comprehensive initiative to help ICBA Member Stores tell "their story" to their diverse community of campus stakeholders and to sustain success as independent retailers. VOICE has 3 main components:
- General advocacy messages from ICBA to Administrators about the strength and value of self-operation
• ICBA attends industry events, including auxiliary services & collegiate business events such as the NACUBO (National Association of College & University Business Officers) and NACAS C3X (National Association of College Auxiliary Services) conferences to promote the advantages & benefits of self-operated, institutionally affiliated college stores. We advertise in NACAS' College Services Magazine - see our latest ad here!
- Customizable resources & tools to help independent stores communicate their value more effectively to their campus, including the VOICE Resource Library (see below) and individual support from ICBA Staff as needed
• ICBA's VOICE Resource Library is a Members-only content hub with a wide array of peer-provided examples & templates of communication resources. Everything from Powerpoints to PDFs & infographics provides easy access for helping more readily create annual reports, committee presentations, faculty communications, graphics, & more.
- Expanded education programming, featuring a Healthy Store Checklist, to demonstrate competency & reduce opportunities for lease operators
• The Healthy Store Checklist equips stores to tell an exciting strategic & tactical story of where they’ve been & where they’re going, and how the store team is highly engaged, constantly monitoring all aspects of the business with a focus on continuous improvement. The Healthy Store Checklist has eight areas: Campus Relations; Operations; Sales/Marketing Activities; Course Materials; General Merchandise; Campus Services & Additional Institutional Support; Ecommerce; Customer Experience.
Members, when you are logged in to the Member Dashboard, you can access the ICBA Healthy Store Checklist via link that becomes visible below, as well as ALL the items in the VOICE Resource Library below.
It is ICBA's aim to provide Members with the tools and resources needed to communicate and operate effectively as a successful independent college store.